You have about one second to grab an email recipient’s attention before they delete your message. How do you make the most of that first second?
Planning an email marketing strategy ahead of time means less time and money wasted.
Begin by reaching the people who want to receive your emails. How can you do this?
Your firm can achieve this by having potential clients sign up on your website. You can capture emails by requiring an email when someone subscribes to your blog or weekly newsletter or downloads a content piece from your website. Once the person has voluntarily given your firm their email, you have permission to email them.
Once You Have Permission, Don’t Bore Them
- Have a catchy headline. This is the first thing they will see and is essentially the “gateway” to the email. If they are not impressed, they might delete the email before opening it.
- Offer new or discounted services to grab their attention.
- Include links to click to get more information. Ensure all of their questions are answered.
Link from your email to landing pages that give recipients information they want about your offer without having to pass through your home page. Still offer them an option to link to your website if they choose.
Keep These Suggestions in Mind
- Tell recipients their information is not shared.
- Offer an unsubscribe option.
- Do not over-blast.
Email marketing can be an inexpensive and quick way to reach your clients and potential clients. Just be sure your message grabs their attention before they hit “delete.”