Quality client communication is the foundation of every successful law firm or legal professional. But, as your client list grows, so does your workload. Job-related obligations can keep you away from your desk for hours and make it hard for clients to reach you. So, how can you stay on top of communication and still do your best work for your clients?
Integrate an attorney live answering service.
An attorney live answering service or virtual receptionist service allows you to outsource client calls and intake tasks to a team of trained professionals—think of them like your own team of professional legal secretaries, but without the cubicle. With an attorney live answering service, your clients can enjoy round-the-clock access to your business even when you’re out of the office.
What an Attorney Live Answering Service Does
Quite simply, a legal answering service picks up the phone and follows through with intake-related duties. This can include:
- Answering and directing calls
- Handling intake forms and vetting leads
- Responding promptly to live chat and text
- Scheduling appointments
These tasks are essential to running an enterprise or small business, but they’re also an opportunity to show exceptional customer care to clients old and new. When it comes to finding legal services, clients look for immediate access, quick replies, and the opportunity to speak to a real person—all of which an attorney live answering service or a mass tort answering service provides.
In fact, a recent 2021 Legal Trends Report found that:
- While only 23% of consumers were open to using remote or online legal services in 2018, 79% of consumers in 2021 looked for lawyers and law firms who offer remote options and 67% wanted both remote and in-person.
- Through different stages of the client intake process, in-person and phone conversations were the top two preferred modes of communication.
Clients want access and options when it comes to communication, and with an attorney live answering service, you can provide a client-centered experience that’ll keep them loyal to your business.
But let’s take a closer look at what those tasks entail and how it can impact customer success.
Answer and Direct Calls
While you can’t be in two places at once or available 24/7, your attorney answering service can. With an answering service:
- Every client call is guaranteed to reach the right lawyer in the firm when they’re in the law office.
- Non-emergency calls will be transferred to a live specialist who can pass on information to you when you’re available.
In short, a client call will never go unanswered.
Handle Intake Forms and Helps Vet Leads
Intake questions don’t have to be added to your team’s extensive list of responsibilities. Instead, take that load off your business’s shoulders with an attorney live answering service, which can:
- Go through your law practice’s intake questionnaire with new leads and ask necessary follow-ups
- Learn your company’s CRM systems and update it with every client communication
- Help mark which leads have the highest potential for conversion
By the time the answering service has finished their work, you’ll have a tidy stack of potential leads and can identify client opportunities at a glance.
Respond Promptly via Live Chat and Text
Your clients aren’t just reaching out to you via phone—oftentimes the first time they say “hello” to your firm is through a digital portal. Live lawyer answering service or a legal call center can answer the call through the phone and through the digital communication lines.
That means your client can have access to:
- Multiple channels in which to ask questions and reach you (e.g. live chat, text, phone, email, etc)
- Convenient and easy ways to contact you such as through text
- 24/7 support and availability so clients can reach you when they need you
With more opportunities for communication, you may reach more clients and thus enjoy higher rates of conversion as more leads are caught, vetted, and followed-up on.
Schedule Appointments Quick and Easy
Scheduling a conference or a consultation that works for both you and the client is an important first step in building a new client’s trust and maintaining a positive relationship with tried and true clients.
An answering service can streamline the scheduling process to make it easier for everyone involved. A virtual legal specialist’s job is to:
- Keep you updated on any schedule changes
- Handle your clients’ appointment requests
- Prevent and manage scheduling conflicts.
- Set up appointments for you
Answer the Call with Alert
How you communicate is every bit as important as what you’re communicating.
And at Alert, we’ve built our law firm answering service to cater to the needs of you and your clients. Need round-the-clock phone coverage and customer service? We have you covered with our professional legal specialists who can answer any question or requests your clients make. Our approach provides every resource you need to create an excellent customer experience.
Interested in knowing more? It’s simple to get started. Get in touch with us today through our website.
Clio. 2021 Legal Trends Report. https://www.clio.com/resources/legal-trends/2021-report/read-online/
Law Practice Today. Six Best Practices for Effective Client Communication. https://www.lawpracticetoday.org/article/six-best-practices-for-effective-client-communication/
American Bar Association. Rule 1.4 Communication – Comment. https://www.americanbar.org/groups/professional_responsibility/publications/model_rules_of_professional_conduct/rule_1_4_communications/comment_on_rule_1_4/