A great call can help increase revenue by growing lead conversions and strengthening existing business relationships.
Implementing an effective call answering service solution is vital if you wish to meet your goals and grow your business. In this blog series, we’ll explore solutions customized around your specific business goals.
To get started, let’s determine your goals. Here are a few that we hear most often:
- Maximize every new client opportunity 24/7.
- Increase customer loyalty and gain more referrals.
- Reduce the cost of recruiting, hiring, and training additional staff.
- Enable your staff to focus their time and attention on other core areas of your business.
Today I’ll expand on Goal #1 – Maximize every new client opportunity 24/7. This is the most important goal! Your service can make the difference in maximizing a new opportunity and grow your business — or not. You need more than just a warm body to answer the phone. You need a professional who will protect your image and call handling protocols that’ll help maximize the opportunity.
Example: A prospect calls your office for information about your product or service. The prospect is shopping around and may even hang up after speaking with the answering service only to call your competition. The moral of the story — the agent needs to do more than simply take a message.
Here are some ways to consider customizing your answering service protocols:
- Determine if the caller is an interested prospect.
- Qualify with relevant questions and document accurately.
- Follow specific action steps based on the quality of the lead. (i.e.: Schedule an appointment, complete an intake form, and/or connect the call to the appropriate person in your office)
- Answer callers’ questions accurately.
- Collect important caller data, including email addresses.
- Email pertinent information to the caller immediately.
These are just a few ways you can customize your call answering protocols to maximize every opportunity. Don’t miss out on any more leads.